IRONBARK LYRICS

IRONBARK

Time and tide and wind and weather
Haven't made yous change a lot
You lot're keeping everything together
Pare equally thick as ironbark

Standing proud and tall and stately
 Potent against the winds of strife
But I've heard you're feeling lately
You've been cut right downwardly by life

Your skin might be as strong as fe
Heartwood might be difficult as rock
But one cut and the claret runs red and living
As any blood that ever flowed

The cold difficult steel of the axemans blow
The winds of problem and strife
Won't bring you downwards for information technology'due south well yous know
You were born to survive

Everything expressionless prepare confronting you lot
Roots sunk deep in stony ground
When life takes more than it presents you
Sink those deep roots deeper down

Don't let life proceed you from living
Don't allow your heart get petrified
Go on that lifeblood scarlet and flowing
Keep your fe soul alive

Circles tell the tale of living
Hard successes hard defeats
Each band spins it's tale of giving
You're everything that this globe needs

The common cold hard steel of the axemans blow
The winds of trouble and strife
Won't bring y'all down for it's well you know
Y'all were built-in to survive

Written past Josh Cunningham

campfire3.jpg

HIGHER Ground

Bitter in the belly, sweet on the tongue
pick upward the pieces gonna tell someone
wind blows gentle and the current of air blows warm
acquit me on to the heart of the storm
water is rising information technology's an awful sound
carry my anxiety to the higher footing

I don't know but I been told
Information technology takes a whole lotta diggin for an ounce of golden
Ounce of gilded don't buy no bread
Everybody sleeping in a strangers bed
H2o is ascent it's an awful audio
Carry my anxiety to the higher ground

foot on the sea, human foot on the land
loud as a king of beasts with a book in your hand
I ain't singing in the lukewarm choir
Standing on the earth with your legs on burn down
time no more it's an atrocious sound
carry my anxiety to the college ground

Written by Josh Cunningham

NOT THE Alone

Yous can say what you want nigh him
You can sing words of spite and untruth
But I know that you lot can live without him
And you know that he'll practise alright without you lot

Believing life goes the way that you desire it
Foolish hearts put it all on the line
Now you spend your days feeling sullen and empty
And he'southward doin fine.
Just yous are so lonesome you could cry

Still your heart skips four steps for him
And your heed spins similar a ferris bike
But you've got to know when over is over
Though it's hard you've got to let him become

To some dear blows in on a gentle breeze
To others love is similar a desert in the summertime
Y'all wanted yours to be like shooting fish in a barrel
Without any soul without sacrifice

Elevator your caput and your heart it will follow
Can't be that bad when the incorrect i shuts the door
Go back in the fray your bound to be drawn to another
But this fourth dimension you'll be the one he's looking for
You'll be the ane and the but
Not the lonely

Written by 5.Thorn/D.Simpson

I WON'T Get DOWN

Silver dagger lightning slashed the sky
Its Crooked tongue was telling crooked lies
Blood flowed down in a biting driving rain
Equally I stand upon the sand I feel the hurting

Barbarous ocean pounded patient shore
Like a jealous lover trying to feel secure
Simply the sand withstands it don't admit defeat
And on the turning tide
The angry waves retreat

I won't go downward
I won't go downward
I won't get practice-o-wn

Demon wind was howling threats and detest
It's salty spray was spitting in my face
Without something firm to stand up upon
I'd exist here i infinitesimal and the next be gone

I won't go downwardly
I won't go down
I won't get do-o-wn

Storm as big as a mountain range
Coming downward - heavy, foreign
I perish Lord yous know I will
A voice information technology whispers
"Peace, be withal"

The dying sun was all just laid to remainder
But for the remnant of
Some gunfight in the due west
Goodbye'southward never easy don't I know
Merely these fingernails are finally letting go

I won't go downwardly
I won't go down
I won't go do-o-wn
Without a fight

Fading afar fireworks brandish
Is growing silent equally the fury rolls away
Shooting stars are dancing upwardly on high
They inquire me
"May I have this dance before we die?"

I won't go down
I won't get down
I won't get do-o-wn
Without a fight

Written by Josh Cunningham

IMPORTANT THINGS

Caught upwards in these changing times
True happiness is hard to find
Everybody wants to exercise what they wanna practice

This world is and so unkind
There's no safety for a middle similar mine
Everybody's trying to become what they can from you

Important things before
Don't seem to thing anymore
We stumble our way through

Now everything is turning blue
Nobody'southward looking out for you
People only want to practise what they want to exercise

Important things before
Don't seem to thing anymore
Nosotros fight our way on through

All alone yous sit behind closed doors
You treat the symptom but non the cause
Doesn't anybody actually desire to find a cure

People now they say what'south right for me
It's my own truth then allow it be
But wouldn't it be easier with a common view

Important things before
Need to matter even more than
I believe that's truthful...

Written past Josh Cunningham

LION AND GAZELLE

What brought them both together
Light as lace tough as leather
He had a hunger clamorous
And instinct overruled his will
To hunt her downwards and make the kill

Simply she was fast
It was her gift
Jumps so loftier a gait and then swift
To her it simply was a game
To run him around to not be slain
To send him back from whence he came

Oh king of beasts and gazelle

Bound with the strength of many men
Captive in the lions den
He prowls and roars above his prize
Her fearfulness won't look him in the centre
Victorious the beast he knows
His love for her will allow her go
His instincts overrule his volition
To hunt her down and make the kill
And she will not ever know why
He allow her run he allow her fly
Immature beloved under a cleaved sky
The lion and gazelle

Written by Vikki Thorn

Done AND DUSTED

Dearest'due south done and dusted, that ship has sailed
Loves done and dusted, I'm on my way
Loves done and dusted, going to spread my wings
Going to canvass away meet what fortune brings

I'm going to sing, sing, sing me away
I'thou going to sing, sing, sing me away

I'm on the ocean, big broad and blue
I'm on the body of water, shed no more tears for you
I'm on the ocean,
neath threatening skies
Gonna to sail away, sheet me to paradise.

I'one thousand going to sing, sing, sing me abroad
I'one thousand going to sing, sing, sing me away

Beloved is washed and dusted left upon the shore
Dear is done and dusted, I won't sheet with him no more
Love is done and dusted, I am going to steer my fate
Love is done and dusted, run into what treasures expect

I'm going to sing, sing, sing me away
I'k going to sing, sing, sing me away

Love'south done and dusted that ship has sailed
Loves done and dusted I'k on my manner
Loves washed and dusted Going to spread my wings
Going to sail away see what fortune brings

Written by Donna Simpson

DIRTY LITTLE BIRD

A nighttime so notwithstanding , silent the Whippoorwill
And down by the river a sweet moaning can exist heard
A moon so sparse, milk on their pare
Whispering betrayal
Love's a dirty footling bird

He'due south a dirty petty bird with dirty little wings
That wing across the night on loftier to other pretty things
Down by the river, sweet moaning can be heard
It'south telling me my dearest's a dingy picayune bird

Information technology was long ago I was young and fine
When he took me by the hand and promised that his heart'd be mine
We prayed for a son, I could deport him none
Barren and biting beloved's a muddy lilliputian bird

He's a dirty little bird with muddy petty claws
That prance and creep and pleasure seek
Backside the bedroom doors
And he gives out all the tenderness I yearn
My love's a dirty little bird

Dirty little birds got dirty little eyes
That bare my soul -it's a heavy price
And tell me I should wise up and heed all the lessons I could learn
My dearest's a dingy little bird

A womans middle tin can exist broken some
And her listen and her spirit they will see her overcome
But break a womans pride and woe to you
You'd meliorate go and catch your gun man
There'southward no telling what she'll do

Muddied little birds got dirty little beaks
That peck and pry the wretched lies
For revenge that they seek
And she's walking down the path of no return
Woe to that Dirty Piddling bird

You take my heart and you accept my time
Y'all leave my soul without grace or pride
You take what's yours and you break what's mine
Y'all take and you accept

Dirty little bird got dingy little wings
That fly across the dark on high to other pretty things
Down by the river sugariness moaning tin be heard
It's telling me
My love's a muddy trivial bird

Written past Vikki Thorn

GRAND PLANS

All our thou plans
Built on quicksand
Washing away
Washing away
Oh my love

Floods of strong words
Rise deep hurts
Washing abroad
Washing abroad
All my love

You lot can bathe in the water
And never be make clean
From the dirt that is hidden inside
You can smoothen your loving cup
So the outside gleams
Til the outside's i large gleaming lie

Water on stone
Steady and long
Wearing away
Wearing away
All my love

You can drink from the fountain
And walk abroad dry out
Y'all can drink and non be satisfied
At that place'due south a fountain of water
Waiting to outburst complimentary
From deep in you
Clear and live

Healing river
Living water
Can cleanse every stain
The stench and the shame
Oh my honey

Allow's go down to that river
Sink our roots in the ground
Til we drink from that h2o of life
Let it drench every function
Of our dry thirsting hearts
Let it quench all that longing and pride

Til those grand plans
In the storms stand
Won't wash away
Won't wash away
Oh my love
Won't wash away
Won't wash away
Oh my love

Written by Josh Cunningham

SOMETHING'S COMING

Something'southward comin round the bend
I don't know what information technology is and I don't know when
But somethings comin circular

Ain't nix knowing it's just a feeling within
I carry no fright and I have zero to hide

Love will move mountains if you give information technology abroad
It flows similar a river down unto balance in grace

What's in your center that you won't listen to
Speak not a word, hear how it talks to you lot

Best y'all go set it will be here soon
I'll sing it in with this loftier lonesome tune

Written by Vikki Thorn

SYRIA

Nails and bombs and dying son, daughter is nigh three
Give a human being my coin, accept a boat with my family unit
I've heard all about the sunshine, but all I come across is pelting, rain, rain
Raining bombs upon our home cannot return again

What's a man to practice, what's a human being to practise.
When everything's been taken from y'all
What's a human to exercise, what's a human to do.
Nails and bombs and a dying son, what'southward a homo to do.

I know nothing most the ocean, I've been reared a farming homo
Head upward above the water until your anxiety hit the sand
Nosotros're floating in the darkness , now they are talking near tides , tides , tides
I've got everything to lose my married woman and children by my side

What's a man to do, what'south a man to practise.
When everything has been taken from you
What's a human to do, what's a man to do.
Nails and bombs and a dying son, what's a man to do.

Life's my God given right, God damn this holy war
Don't know who they are fighting against, don't know who they are fighting for
I Spend my time praying to God, praying for peace, peace, peace..
What's the utilize of praying to God if my God ain't hearing me

What's a man to do, what'south a man to exercise.
When everything has been taken from yous
What's a man to do, what'due south a man to exercise.
Nails and bombs and a dying son, what'southward a man to do.

Pray,pray, pray….

Written by Donna Simpson

Astonishing EVERYTHING

There's a sound ascension up and it wants to be heard
It's a tune , information technology'due south a cry out , a concluding exhale or but a word
A symphony for all to come and all to which we cling

Somewhere, everywhere, here and now
It tin exist sung out loud and proud
A tool to overcome and resonate in every heart and rival heavens ring
Amazing Everything

Deadening down take all this dazzler in
Let it seep into your soul
Let it heal y'all from within
Be complete in who you are and leave behind all you have been

I desire to ride through the wilds of your heart
Through the forest of your being
I want to know who yous are
And understand that I am what I take and what I bring

Astonishing everything

Written past Vikki Thorn

THE SHACK

When I grew up my family lived in a shack
Mum and Dad and my brother and sister and me all in a i room shack
We didn't intendance nearly material things we lacked
At that place was lots of love in that tiny shack

Where I grew up we caught our water in a tank
Nosotros heated it in an old copper on a 44 gallon drum with a fire inside
And on cold wintertime nights we'd sit around warming our hands as the flames crackled and hissed
We didn't have any television yous see
No telephone, no electricity
We had to occupy ourselves in other ways Reading, writing, conversation
There were stories told and jokes cracked
Nosotros didn't want for anything - we had it all
Dear and laughter filled that tiny shack

And then ane day I found an old guitar tucked away in the corner of the shack
And that first notation I plucked was the sweetest sound I'd ever heard
Even though the strings were sometime and black
So I taught myself how to play that old guitar
And my life was inverse forever - no turning dorsum
Love, laughter, and now music filled our shack

That one room shack, the council could have condemned it as a place not fit to live
"A one room shack with no modern conveniences" they could take said
"That'south no identify to raise your kids"
Just if they ever tried to practice it I would have told them a matter or two
Cos' that one room shack with no modern conveniences was the finest dwelling I knew And certain there were things that nosotros missed out on by not living in the boondocks
But the townsfolk missed out likewise
Cos' out here with no distractions around
The important things become through...

Written by Josh Cunningham

LONG WAY FROM HOME

This chill in the air tonight tells me that summertime is coming to an terminate
I know where yous'll be when the weather turns cold out hither
You'll be out on the water drifting quiet
On some unbridled sea
On your own

This burn down has burned down to ashes that I sift through for memories of you
I'm trying to recall the words to the songs you used to play
These guitar strings are ringing articulate this evening just the songs don't sound the same Now that I'm all grown
And a long way from Domicile

You simply can't deny what runs through your blood
Information technology's hard to leave behind people you love

You were both so young and I wonder did you find it hard similar I do
When y'all're shouldering the sky, conveying the days
Doing what it takes to get you through
The dearest I have surrounding me fills me with a warmth that burns inside
I've got all that I need right here.
Only the bent of my mind information technology holds me leap on the mode I feel tonight
All Alone
And a long manner from domicile

Written past Vikki Thorn

Song FOR JACQUELINE

Some music drips similar beloved
Sweet into your ear
Certain to make your troubles get
Every new day makes the darkness disappear
You're the vocal that soothes my soul

 Y'all're the song that soothes my soul
Sweetness and steady pure and clear
A melody to make my broken spirit whole
Y'all're the song that soothes my soul

And there's some music gets downward deep inside of yous
Its' pointer flies straight to your cadre
Sounding harmonies and chords you never knew
Til' you're different than before

You're the song that soothes my soul
Sweet and steady, pure and clear
A tune to make my cleaved spirit whole
You lot're the song that soothes my soul
I heard you lot're music before I ever spoke to you
It was a window to your soul
Before you looked at me or I'd laid eyes on you lot
I knew you were beautiful

You're the song that soothes my soul
Sugariness and steady, pure and clear
A melody to brand my broken spirit whole
You lot're the song that soothes my soul

Written by Josh Cunningham

Standing STRONG

Don't accept this away from me baby.
Crusade I feel information technology all tonight
Your eyes tell that I'm home
But I experience like a stranger under these Northern Skies
I feel like a stranger

Our blood lies in this hither sand
Buried down nether the sheoak copse
Young boys will grow into men
And stand strong against the buffeting winds
See them continuing strong

So don't take it away from me
Cause I experience it all tonight
Your eyes tell me that I'thousand home
And I wont feel similar a stranger

There was something divine in the fashion nosotros met
In a distant isle on a leaking boat
Nosotros sang songs under conspiring stars
They hatched a plan and sent us far apart
8 years get by and you walk through the door
My life was in a mess my center was on the flooring
You lifted it up and that'due south how I knew
I was meant to exist with you

Don't take information technology abroad from me
Cause we're continuing strong

Written by Vikki Thorn

Saccharide MAMA

I wasn't born with much, I married a million bucks
I buried husbands 1, two, iii
I pawned all the glass, copper, gilt and contumely,
and now I am richer than I have ever been
And then boys lets get high from jumping up and down
Sugar Mama heres going to get y'all high
A few dollar bills can get an one-time man killed and I will be richer than I have always been again

I swing, I sway, I am spending up everyday, rolling in my caddy, furs and fines
All the boys similar to dance hoping for a chance that sugar mama here will catch his eye
Then I grab me a human in a fine suit if I tin can,
Marry that fine man straight away,
A piddling coffee and some pills will get an quondam homo killed
And I will be richer than I 've ever been again
So boys lets get high, sugar mama is out to play, we got Hokum Blues and cocaine
Just a few dollar bills can go an onetime human being killed
And I will be richer than I've ever been again……
And I will be richer than I've e'er been again……
And I will be richer than I've e'er been again……

Written past Donna Simpson

DON'T You lot EVER FEEL

Did you ever stop to wonder almost the choices that you were making
That every path you ever walked led to where you're continuing hither and at present
The shame of information technology all it was your heart that you were breaking
When your desires are stronger than your will information technology leaves you broken downward
Broke and down

Did you e'er beloved somebody so hard that you broke them
And when you tried to pick upwardly the pieces all that was left was scattered around
All y'all had to do was say the words that y'all left unspoken
The kind of gentle words that alive inside but can't ever be found
Observe them now

Don't you ever feel sometimes don't you ever feel

Did y'all ever wake to a sun that was rising for yous only
To a day that asked for nothing and promised nothing in return
Where all that emptiness wasn't the kind that left y'all feeling lonely
More than the kind that said you've got to open up your centre to live and learn
Alive and Larn

Written by Vikki Thorn

TAKE ME TO TOWN

Someone's got to clothing a clothes around here
It tin't all be dust and desert highways
Someone's got to turn this town on it'southward ear
Give folks an excuse for looking sideways

It can't all be bluish jeans and leather
In this kind of weather
A girl has got to feel a trivial breeze between her thighs
So baby put that hammer down
Your taking me to town
and I'll be wearing this dress for yous tonight

Someone'southward got to let their pilus down once in a while
It tin't just be work and resting Sundays
A little dancing and singing all through the night
You know the kind of hell nosotros used to heighten
So take this body in a concur
Before we get as well sometime I'll put on my heels and start scuffing up the flooring
Oh baby cut the engines now
Your taking me to town
I'll exist letting my hair downward for you this evening

A place like this gets into your bones
All that wild state and emptiness can make a woman feel lonely
And the world outside she sees it passing her past
She'southward got to hold tight before she disappears
Someone's got to wear a dress around hither

Someone's got to wear a dress around here
Nosotros can't all exist pissin sideways
Someone's got to turn this town on it's ear
It tin't just be dust and desert highways
It can't all be blue jeans and leather
That's some kind of tether
A girl has got to feel like she could fly into the sky
Then baby bring the ponies around
We'll ride them into town
I'll let my pilus down
And I'll be wearing this clothes for you this evening

Written by Vikki Thorn

GOODNIGHT LIL' COWBOY

In that location'south a bucket full of hot chocolate
Up in the sky this night
It don't matter how long I lookout it
It don't quench my ambition

There's a warm aureate glow on the bounding main
A stairway right up to the moon
I aint' reached it yet
All I get is wet
And I don't  think I'll make it there before long

The campfire coals are a' glowin'
'Lectricity free bedside lamp
They wink at me as if they're knowin'
Everything'southward cosy in camp
There's a silhouette on the horizon
That looks like my one-time teddy deport
Gonna tether my nag
And climb in my swag
And dream of somebody somewhere

So long little cowboy (cowgirl)
Information technology's time yous were sleeping too
There'due south a hundred ways to tell you how boy (girl)
Your mum and daddy dear you

So come here - I'll tell y'all a story
Gonna kiss you and tuck yous in tight
With a large dose of love
And the good Lord above
Hey, I think you'll grow upwards alright.'

Written by Josh Cunningham

THE Declension

If you want my treasure I'll send you my king
And if you lot cartel yous do your boxing with him
If yous win you have home my spoils
And if you lose , I hope you similar the cold
I promise y'all like it

On the beaches lay scattered bones
Hear their cries through the mist and the foam
Ready the states free and take united states of america home
Lay me down somewhere dry and somewhere warm

At night they practice tell of troublesome things
Of enchants and presences drawing them in
Voices from the dark depths calling them most
Saying come a piffling closer you've null to fear
Come up a trivial closer

Beauty behold this watery tomb
In these crags and these cliffs I accept carved out your doom
Gentle similar a lover or equally wild as the same
You come up to me wanton and you lot curse my name
I took you equally a parlay and you rue the day
You lot heed not the warnings
Your but to arraign

On the beaches lay scattered basic
Hear them weep through the mist
Oohh oh
Fix us free and have united states of america home
Lay me down somewhere dry and somewhere warm

Written by Vikki Thorn

SHINY APPLE

Shiny apple rotten on the inside
Skin is smooth but yous soul is soft
Oh y'all look and then appetising but
Taste the truth information technology'll make you spit
And how long have I known you now
But I knew later merely ane gustation
And how long has my mouth been sour
It's been sour ever since that day
And how long tin I proceed like this
Knowing what I know anyway
But it makes me feel helpless to
Stand and watch while you rot abroad

Written by The Waifs

WILLOW TREE

Under the willow tree, that'southward where I wait for you lot
to come back to me, simply you're so far away.
I just sit past here in the morning sun,
and I wait under the willow tree.
It was a biting seed that you lot left that twenty-four hour period
when you walked out my door screaming "Go out of my face up!"
I took all your hurtin' words, I took your bad deeds
and I buried 'em deep underneath that tree.
Under the willow tree, that's where I look for you
to come back to me, but you're so far abroad.
I but sit by here in the morning sun,
and I wait under the willow tree.

But such beauty grew from bitterness.
Oh how it'southward helped to heal this heavy heart,
oh and I want you to know, yep that information technology's ok.
If you come back I would welcome you similar it was yesterday.
Under the willow tree, that's where I look for y'all
to come up back to me, simply you lot're so far away.
I just sit by here in the forenoon sun,
and I wait under the willow tree.

Oh, but I'm not asking y'all for matrimony, no-no.
I want your hope to exist true oh,
'Cos I've been around the world, dear I've seen plenty to know -
there aint nobody else. I'd rather walk with yous.
Nether the willow tree, that's where I wait for you
to come dorsum to me, but you're then far away.
I just sit down right here and I play my guitar,
and I look under the willow tree.
Under the willow tree.

Written by The Waifs

Accept IT IN

Now she'south thinking of the reddish soil
And the mango trees
In her mind she's still splashing 'round
Downwards on Cable Beach
And her eyes, they are as rich and faraway
Equally the sunset there
She'south non taking in a word I say
Well I might as well be talking to myself
Take information technology in, take information technology all in
Now is a time that
Volition non come once more
Take it in, take it all in
This is a day that
Is hither for the living
So we step outside
Into this Melbourne weather
With a shock it
Brings her dorsum to where she is
At present nosotros've made this place our home
Surrounded past unknown
We're gonna stick information technology out
Until information technology comes together
Accept it in, accept it all in
At present is a time that
Volition not come up again
Take it in, take it all in
This is a day and
It's here for the living
We're simply living for a solar day
To come or some days gone by
Never taking in each moment
Never knowing what you had
Until it passed you by
And it'll laissez passer you by
Take information technology in, take it all in
Now is a fourth dimension that
Will non come up again
Take it in, have it all in
This is the day and
Information technology'south here for the living
Take it all in
Now is a fourth dimension that
Will not come over again
Accept it in, take it all in
This is the day and
Information technology's hither for the living

Written by The Waifs